Child Drowns In Family Spa
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
RIVERBANK, Calif. (CBS13) – Investigators said the drowning of a young child in a family spa Wednesday evening appears to be a tragic accident.
The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department said deputies responded to a home on a 3600 block of Reich Lane after family members found a two-year-old boy unconscious in the spa.
Several adults and children had been playing in the family pool when the young child was found alone and unresponsive.
Despite attempts from family members and emergency responders to resuscitate the boy, he was pronounced dead at a Modesto hospital.
The identity of the victim has not been released. Criminal charges have not been filed in the case and police said the incident appears to be accidental in nature.