Child Drowns In Family Spa
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
RIVERBANK, Calif. (CBS13) – Investigators said the drowning of a young child in a family spa Wednesday evening appears to be a tragic accident.
The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department said deputies responded to a home on a 3600 block of Reich Lane after family members found a two-year-old boy unconscious in the spa.
Several adults and children had been playing in the family pool when the young child was found alone and unresponsive.
Despite attempts from family members and emergency responders to resuscitate the boy, he was pronounced dead at a Modesto hospital.
The identity of the victim has not been released. Criminal charges have not been filed in the case and police said the incident appears to be accidental in nature.