Child Drowns In Family Spa
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
RIVERBANK, Calif. (CBS13) – Investigators said the drowning of a young child in a family spa Wednesday evening appears to be a tragic accident.
The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department said deputies responded to a home on a 3600 block of Reich Lane after family members found a two-year-old boy unconscious in the spa.
Several adults and children had been playing in the family pool when the young child was found alone and unresponsive.
Despite attempts from family members and emergency responders to resuscitate the boy, he was pronounced dead at a Modesto hospital.
The identity of the victim has not been released. Criminal charges have not been filed in the case and police said the incident appears to be accidental in nature.