Child Drowns In Family Spa
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
RIVERBANK, Calif. (CBS13) – Investigators said the drowning of a young child in a family spa Wednesday evening appears to be a tragic accident.
The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department said deputies responded to a home on a 3600 block of Reich Lane after family members found a two-year-old boy unconscious in the spa.
Several adults and children had been playing in the family pool when the young child was found alone and unresponsive.
Despite attempts from family members and emergency responders to resuscitate the boy, he was pronounced dead at a Modesto hospital.
The identity of the victim has not been released. Criminal charges have not been filed in the case and police said the incident appears to be accidental in nature.