Mother Arrested After Children Found In U-Haul Trailer
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO, Calif. (CBS13) – Police arrested a mother after discovering three children the back of a U-Haul trailer during a traffic stop Wednesday night.
The Modesto Police Department said officers recognized 32-year-old Jennifer Nolan and pulled her over for driving a moving man with a suspended license.
Officers said her two-year-old child was riding in the cab without protective seating, but when authorities opened up the rear door of the trailer, they discovered three of her children, age 4 to 13, riding in the back.
Nolan didn’t tell police about her children until officers prepared to tow the vehicle away, according to Modesto Police Sgt. Brian Findlen.
“You would think that she would provide that information right off the bat, but indeed, it took her nearly 15 minutes,” Sgt. Findlen said.
Authorities said additional evidence led them to charge Nolan with felony child neglect, but investigators did not offer details.
Nolan’s children were turned over to family members.