Mother Arrested After Children Found In U-Haul Trailer
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO, Calif. (CBS13) – Police arrested a mother after discovering three children the back of a U-Haul trailer during a traffic stop Wednesday night.
The Modesto Police Department said officers recognized 32-year-old Jennifer Nolan and pulled her over for driving a moving man with a suspended license.
Officers said her two-year-old child was riding in the cab without protective seating, but when authorities opened up the rear door of the trailer, they discovered three of her children, age 4 to 13, riding in the back.
Nolan didn’t tell police about her children until officers prepared to tow the vehicle away, according to Modesto Police Sgt. Brian Findlen.
“You would think that she would provide that information right off the bat, but indeed, it took her nearly 15 minutes,” Sgt. Findlen said.
Authorities said additional evidence led them to charge Nolan with felony child neglect, but investigators did not offer details.
Nolan’s children were turned over to family members.