Amber Alert Canceled After Antioch Boy Found Safe

ANTIOCH (CBS13) — The Amber Alert issued for an abducted Antioch boy was canceled at around midnight when police got word the alleged victim was found safe.

Police have not seen 16-year-old Hassan Ford, but his mother told them the boy is fine.

A neighbor says he saw the teenager not long after he was allegedly forced at gunpoint at the Antioch barbershop where he works.

“When I wake up I come to the door and I see him standing outside and I say to him, ‘you know the police are looking for you?'” said the neighbor.

The suspect is still at large. He is described as a black male, 25-years-old, 5’7”, and weighing 180 pounds. Police have found the stolen black SUV that was used in the alleged abduction.

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of the suspect is asked to call Antioch police at 925-778-2441.

Comments

1. YO, AMBER ALERT - - - A PHOTO WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE says:

SOME AMBER ALERT………………..

YOU WOULD THINK THAT IF THEY REALLY WANTED THE PUBLIC TO LOOK OUT FOR THIS MISSING KID, THAT THEY WOULD PROVIDE A PICTURE OF THE CHILD. I THINK THAT WOULD BE THE LOGICAL THING TO DO………..

I MEAN, REALLY……. HOW MANY KIDS FIT THE BILL???

“The victim, Hasaan Ford, is described as black, 5’4”, weighing 110 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing black jeans, a red coat and a red Cincinnati Reds baseball hat.”

AMBER ALERT NEEDS TO GET IT TOGETHER………….

1. michelle says:

I saw a pic of him with the amber alert I saw it on TV. What’s your problem???

2. John V Horn says:

i saw his picture as well PAY BETTER ATTENTION!!!

2. Mace says:

They don’t care about Black Folks…SMDH@no picture

3. Mace says:

I love jumping on the bandwagon since I am incapable of original thought.

4. katie says:

Have they found him?? I just got an amber alert text that the alert was canceled.

5. just me says:

How can police cancel an Amber Alert if they haven’t actually seen the boy safe? Have we learned nothing from Casey Anthony?