Man Drowns Near Solano County Beach
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
RIO VISTA, Calif. (CBS13) — A man drowned Tuesday after being caught in swift currents in a Solano County River, authorities said.
Three people were swimming off the shore of Sandy Beach Park, just south of Rio Vista, when a strong current swept them away, according to Solano County authorities.
A Montezuma Fire Protection assistant chief jumped into the water and saved one of the swimmers, and the Coast Guard rescued a second victim from the water a short time later, but authorities couldn’t locate the third swimmer.
Dive teams could not be deployed for several hours due to the dangerous conditions in the water.
The body of the third victim was recovered late Tuesday evening. His identity has not been released.