Man Drowns Near Solano County Beach
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
RIO VISTA, Calif. (CBS13) — A man drowned Tuesday after being caught in swift currents in a Solano County River, authorities said.
Three people were swimming off the shore of Sandy Beach Park, just south of Rio Vista, when a strong current swept them away, according to Solano County authorities.
A Montezuma Fire Protection assistant chief jumped into the water and saved one of the swimmers, and the Coast Guard rescued a second victim from the water a short time later, but authorities couldn’t locate the third swimmer.
Dive teams could not be deployed for several hours due to the dangerous conditions in the water.
The body of the third victim was recovered late Tuesday evening. His identity has not been released.