Man Drowns Near Solano County Beach
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
RIO VISTA, Calif. (CBS13) — A man drowned Tuesday after being caught in swift currents in a Solano County River, authorities said.
Three people were swimming off the shore of Sandy Beach Park, just south of Rio Vista, when a strong current swept them away, according to Solano County authorities.
A Montezuma Fire Protection assistant chief jumped into the water and saved one of the swimmers, and the Coast Guard rescued a second victim from the water a short time later, but authorities couldn’t locate the third swimmer.
Dive teams could not be deployed for several hours due to the dangerous conditions in the water.
The body of the third victim was recovered late Tuesday evening. His identity has not been released.