Man Drowns Near Solano County Beach

RIO VISTA, Calif. (CBS13) — A man drowned Tuesday after being caught in swift currents in a Solano County River, authorities said.

Three people were swimming off the shore of Sandy Beach Park, just south of Rio Vista, when a strong current swept them away, according to Solano County authorities.

A Montezuma Fire Protection assistant chief jumped into the water and saved one of the swimmers, and the Coast Guard rescued a second victim from the water a short time later, but authorities couldn’t locate the third swimmer.

Dive teams could not be deployed for several hours due to the dangerous conditions in the water.

The body of the third victim was recovered late Tuesday evening. His identity has not been released.

Comments

1. A.jones says:

Having been on a family outing in the vicinity.I can surely say,without a doubt,that was a very tragic tragic day.My thoughts and prayers go out to the family,friends of the victim.Also I want to try and understand,why we do not have the equipment,and skilled divers to enter dangerous waters?Why don’t we have special sonar?We can make bombs that can blow a country off the map.We can make rockets that can go to the moon.

2. Mary says:

Dummies?? are you serious??? I don’t think you should bring your negativity on here, especially when you have no clue what the actual story is.
    My Heart and Prayers goes out to the Family. May God comfort you in this time of sorrow.

1. Mace's Mom says:

I would like to apologize for my son, Mary. I dropped him on his head when he was a baby. He has never been quite right.

3. james says:

i worked with this person and he was a great guy. a father son and brother and husband. my prayers for him and his family!

4. Tandy Delcid Vasquez says:

So Proud of our Montezuma Assistant Fire Chief and our Coast Guard Men and Women who rescued the two men, our prayers go out to the family of the third man who didn’t make it out…. The Vasquez Family of Rio Vista

5. Joseph says:

The true story is that this man ( Sesi ) jumped in to save his youth boys from drowning, he leaves behind three beautiful girls one that was just born and the other two that are not even 5. My prayers and love goes out to them and that Sesi rest in love and forever remembered as an HERO

6. anonymous says:

Much love goes out to Sesi and his family. He drowned trying to save the kids that jumped in the river. He left a wife and 4 daughters. One of which was just born 2 weeks ago. He was a very young man (about 32yrs old) and very good husband and friend. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

7. L says:

Rest in Peace Sesi, we will miss you and you will always be remembered for what you did. Our most deep condolences goes out to your wife and 4 beautiful girls. God has gained again an angel. Much love and respect to the Tu’akalau Family

8. Mateaki says:

Wish the reports do a little more then calling around for the story. Ofa atu ki he famili ..Sesi is a hero

9. Summer Faye says:

Their was four 2 jumped off another tried to go out and save them. Then the uncle jumped in and tried to save the closer one. But he ended up drouding. The fire people didnt do anything. Besides Mikayala’s dad. I watched the whole thing. Their was four people.

1. Daniel A Schindler says:

I beg to pardon, I was the first fire official on scene and swam out to save the one boy, the Coast Guard rescued the second boy. Why didn’t anyone on the dock throw him something that floated. He was only 25 feet from the dock. I risk my life to save the one boy out the furthest Once a person goes under the water with those currents,it’s impossible. I feel bad enough that he didn’t make but those on the dock could of did something, rope, icechest, lifevest so please don’t say we didn’t do anything

1. j says:

God bless you for what you did. You did everything humanly possible. That boy was blessed to have you save him. I hope he and his family realize this.

2. angie rhodes says:

these people are in grief I’m sure you can not take it personally that they want to point out there family member or friend DIED while trying to help those boys.

10. LIAHONA 4EVER says:

OUR HEARTS AND PRAYERS GOES OUT TO THE FAMILIES INVOLVED IN THIS TRAGIC INCIDENT. THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE THE PAIN THAT IS FELT IN OUR FAMILIES AS WELL AS OUR TONGAN COMMUNITY FOR THE LOST OF A WONDERFUL YOUNG MAN . WE PRAY THAT SESI’s LIL FAMILY WILL FIND COMFORT IN THE ARMS OF FAMILY N FRIENDS AND THAT THE LORD WILL SURROUND THEM WITH HIS EVERLASTING LOVE. OFA ATU TO SESI’s LITTLE FAMILY!!

11. Vito Latukefu says:

Sesi I love you…already miss you…..i cant believe it all happened yesterday……..i cant believe it…..it all happened too fast……my life will never be the same……Sesi thank you for saving Lua……..I cant thank you enough…..it all replays in my head over and over again……….Forever Rest in Love Sesi I cant thank you enough

12. ja says:

my husband and I were there when the fire districts, police, etc. got there. EVERY ONE OF THEM did everything they could to save this man. Our heartfelt prayers go out to ALL the family, friends and to those that could not save this poor man. He gave his life to try and save another. For the families that will go to this park in the future, it is posted very clearly NO SWIMMING!!!!! We saw parents at the beach the very next day allowing their children to go swimming. What are these parents teaching the kids? One thing for sure is, kids, don’t pay any attention to the signs that are clearly posted. Do as you wish, go ahead and swim especially where the current is very fast, and oh yes kids, don’t bother putting on a life vest, hopefully some one on shore has one on hand to throw out to you. And I am thinking that maybe the reason why they don’t have life rings on the dock is because the coast guard does not want to promote swimming and the fact that there are no lifeguards there and possibly because it is just to dangerous to swim there at sandy beach.