Alleged Copper Thief Injured Falling Through Ceiling
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — An alleged copper thief has been hospitalized after falling through the ceiling of a vacant store.
The suspect broke into the store in the 6700 block of Stockton Boulevard and used a ladder to climb up inside the ceiling, said Sacramento Police spokesman Sgt. Norm Leong. He made a wrong turn and fell through the ceiling, injuring himself.
The suspect made it out of the store and called for help. When police found the man, he had several copper bolts and pipe that he had allegedly stolen from the store.
It’s not the first time the store has been hit. The owner says he’s frustrated because he can’t rent the space out or afford security to patrol it because of the bad economy.
Police have not yet released the name of the suspect.