Alleged Copper Thief Injured Falling Through Ceiling
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — An alleged copper thief has been hospitalized after falling through the ceiling of a vacant store.
The suspect broke into the store in the 6700 block of Stockton Boulevard and used a ladder to climb up inside the ceiling, said Sacramento Police spokesman Sgt. Norm Leong. He made a wrong turn and fell through the ceiling, injuring himself.
The suspect made it out of the store and called for help. When police found the man, he had several copper bolts and pipe that he had allegedly stolen from the store.
It’s not the first time the store has been hit. The owner says he’s frustrated because he can’t rent the space out or afford security to patrol it because of the bad economy.
Police have not yet released the name of the suspect.