Alleged Copper Thief Injured Falling Through Ceiling
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — An alleged copper thief has been hospitalized after falling through the ceiling of a vacant store.
The suspect broke into the store in the 6700 block of Stockton Boulevard and used a ladder to climb up inside the ceiling, said Sacramento Police spokesman Sgt. Norm Leong. He made a wrong turn and fell through the ceiling, injuring himself.
The suspect made it out of the store and called for help. When police found the man, he had several copper bolts and pipe that he had allegedly stolen from the store.
It’s not the first time the store has been hit. The owner says he’s frustrated because he can’t rent the space out or afford security to patrol it because of the bad economy.
Police have not yet released the name of the suspect.