One Dead In Highway 50 Logging Truck Accident
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
KYBURZ, Calif. (CBS13) – Traffic is back to normal on Highway 50 through the Sierra after a fatal accident involving a logging truck Monday morning killed one person.
The accident happened just after 6:00 this morning in El Dorado County near Kyburz.
The logging truck overturned and ended up partially in the American River killing the driver. Logs were scattered on the roadway and down the embankment. There was some concern that fuel had spilled into the river but clean up crews now say the fuel is contained to the rocks near the river.
CHP says the driver was westbound coming around a bend when he lost control. Investigators are still trying to determine what caused the driver to lose control but investigators are trying to determine if speed may have been a factor.
Traffic was backed up for several miles in both directions at the CHP initially allowed one-way traffic before shutting the highway down altogether for several hours.
CHP reopened the highway at 11:15 a.m.