Woman Killed In Fatal Tow Truck Accident
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
PENRYN, Calif. (CBS13) – A woman was killed and a young boy seriously injured after her vehicle smashed into a tow truck that was pulled over on the side of the road, authorities said.
Tow truck driver Jack Connor said he had pulled over on Interstate 80 near the New Castle off-ramp Sunday to assist a disabled service truck when he spotted a sedan drifting out of westbound traffic.
“For whatever reason, we don’t know why, but [she] was on the shoulder,” Connor said.
The unidentified driver collided with the rear tire of the parked truck at a very high rate of speed, and then spun into the disabled vehicle.
Connor said he was found an injured 4-year-old boy amidst the wreckage of the overturned vehicle. The boy was air lifted to the UC Davis Medical Center for treatement, but the driver was fatally injured.
The relationship between the woman and child has not been released by authorities.
Investigators are looking into the cause of the accident. Witnesses told CBS13 the driver appeared to be distracted just before the crash.
The boy is expected to survive his injuries.