Woman Killed In Fatal Tow Truck Accident
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
PENRYN, Calif. (CBS13) – A woman was killed and a young boy seriously injured after her vehicle smashed into a tow truck that was pulled over on the side of the road, authorities said.
Tow truck driver Jack Connor said he had pulled over on Interstate 80 near the New Castle off-ramp Sunday to assist a disabled service truck when he spotted a sedan drifting out of westbound traffic.
“For whatever reason, we don’t know why, but [she] was on the shoulder,” Connor said.
The unidentified driver collided with the rear tire of the parked truck at a very high rate of speed, and then spun into the disabled vehicle.
Connor said he was found an injured 4-year-old boy amidst the wreckage of the overturned vehicle. The boy was air lifted to the UC Davis Medical Center for treatement, but the driver was fatally injured.
The relationship between the woman and child has not been released by authorities.
Investigators are looking into the cause of the accident. Witnesses told CBS13 the driver appeared to be distracted just before the crash.
The boy is expected to survive his injuries.