Woman Killed In Fatal Tow Truck Accident
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
PENRYN, Calif. (CBS13) – A woman was killed and a young boy seriously injured after her vehicle smashed into a tow truck that was pulled over on the side of the road, authorities said.
Tow truck driver Jack Connor said he had pulled over on Interstate 80 near the New Castle off-ramp Sunday to assist a disabled service truck when he spotted a sedan drifting out of westbound traffic.
“For whatever reason, we don’t know why, but [she] was on the shoulder,” Connor said.
The unidentified driver collided with the rear tire of the parked truck at a very high rate of speed, and then spun into the disabled vehicle.
Connor said he was found an injured 4-year-old boy amidst the wreckage of the overturned vehicle. The boy was air lifted to the UC Davis Medical Center for treatement, but the driver was fatally injured.
The relationship between the woman and child has not been released by authorities.
Investigators are looking into the cause of the accident. Witnesses told CBS13 the driver appeared to be distracted just before the crash.
The boy is expected to survive his injuries.