Cemetery Worker Saves Elderly Woman From Burning Home
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SUTTER COUNTY (CBS13) – An 87-year-old Sutter County woman had no way out of her burning home, but little did she know that her hero was just across the street.
Barada Moncravie was taking care of the grounds at Sutter Cemetery when he glanced across the street and saw smoke coming from the home. He remembered that an elderly woman lived at the home and ran across the street to try to help.
He kicked the front door a few times, and then finally busted his way in using his shoulder. As he reached the homeowner, Naomi Claspill, she was huddled inside her dog’s kennel, clutching the animal.
He realized he was trapped. But Moncravie, fueled by adrenaline, tore down a chain link fence and was able to get the woman and her dog out.