Cemetery Worker Saves Elderly Woman From Burning Home
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
SUTTER COUNTY (CBS13) – An 87-year-old Sutter County woman had no way out of her burning home, but little did she know that her hero was just across the street.
Barada Moncravie was taking care of the grounds at Sutter Cemetery when he glanced across the street and saw smoke coming from the home. He remembered that an elderly woman lived at the home and ran across the street to try to help.
He kicked the front door a few times, and then finally busted his way in using his shoulder. As he reached the homeowner, Naomi Claspill, she was huddled inside her dog’s kennel, clutching the animal.
He realized he was trapped. But Moncravie, fueled by adrenaline, tore down a chain link fence and was able to get the woman and her dog out.