Man Who Allegedly Fired At Police Officer Now In Custody
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SOUTH SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police arrested a man who allegedly shot at a Sacramento police officer on Tuesday in South Sacramento.
The incident happened at 3:15 p.m. when an officer tried to make contact with the suspect in the area of 6633 Valley Hi Drive. He fit the description of an armed robbery suspect from earlier this week, according to Sacramento Police. The suspect ran off, and when the officer gave chase, the suspect allegedly shot at him.
Dozens of police officers searched the area around the shooting while a perimeter was set up around the California Place apartment complex where the suspect was believed to be hiding.
SWAT officers entered the complex, and at around 6:20 p.m., detained the suspect inside of an apartment unit. He was found along with a woman and three children. It’s unknown if the suspect lives at the apartment.
The officer was not injured in the shooting.
A nearby shopping center was evacuated as a precaution.