Man Who Allegedly Fired At Police Officer Now In Custody
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SOUTH SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police arrested a man who allegedly shot at a Sacramento police officer on Tuesday in South Sacramento.
The incident happened at 3:15 p.m. when an officer tried to make contact with the suspect in the area of 6633 Valley Hi Drive. He fit the description of an armed robbery suspect from earlier this week, according to Sacramento Police. The suspect ran off, and when the officer gave chase, the suspect allegedly shot at him.
Dozens of police officers searched the area around the shooting while a perimeter was set up around the California Place apartment complex where the suspect was believed to be hiding.
SWAT officers entered the complex, and at around 6:20 p.m., detained the suspect inside of an apartment unit. He was found along with a woman and three children. It’s unknown if the suspect lives at the apartment.
The officer was not injured in the shooting.
A nearby shopping center was evacuated as a precaution.