UC Davis Teams Up With Brewer To Make Beer, Raise Scholarship Money
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS, Calif. (CBS13) – Beer and college have long gone together. Now a Northern California university is lending its name and logo to a local beer maker.
University of California, Davis is hoping ‘Aggie Lager’ will help raise money for athletic scholarships for the school.
‘Aggie Lager’ has been in the works for years and now Davis brewery Sudwerk has licensed the name and is brewing the ale. It’s the first alcoholic beverage ever approved to don the UC Davis Athletics mascot.
“So far the response has been fantastic,” said Scott Brayton of the UC Davis Athletics Department.
The man behind the lager has a special place in his heart for the university. Jay Prahl is an alumni of the school’s prestigious master brewers program.
“I think everybody who’s going to school, that’s studied their craft, daydreams and hopes that one they can make something and give back to their university,” said Prahl. “It’s a great beer worthy of the Aggie label.”
Sales from the lager will go toward athletic scholarships.
The golden ale is already in about five Davis restaurants with hopes of expanding.