UC Davis Teams Up With Brewer To Make Beer, Raise Scholarship Money
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS, Calif. (CBS13) – Beer and college have long gone together. Now a Northern California university is lending its name and logo to a local beer maker.
University of California, Davis is hoping ‘Aggie Lager’ will help raise money for athletic scholarships for the school.
‘Aggie Lager’ has been in the works for years and now Davis brewery Sudwerk has licensed the name and is brewing the ale. It’s the first alcoholic beverage ever approved to don the UC Davis Athletics mascot.
“So far the response has been fantastic,” said Scott Brayton of the UC Davis Athletics Department.
The man behind the lager has a special place in his heart for the university. Jay Prahl is an alumni of the school’s prestigious master brewers program.
“I think everybody who’s going to school, that’s studied their craft, daydreams and hopes that one they can make something and give back to their university,” said Prahl. “It’s a great beer worthy of the Aggie label.”
Sales from the lager will go toward athletic scholarships.
The golden ale is already in about five Davis restaurants with hopes of expanding.