Yuba City Police Arrested High School Teacher On Molest Charges

YUBA CITY, Calif. (CBS13) – A Yuba City high school teacher has been arrested on child molest charges, according to the Yuba City Police Department.

Police officers arrested 30-year-old Manuel Barajas, a teacher at River Valley High School, on Wednesday.

The arrest came after officers were notified by the Yuba City Unified School District that Barajas and a former female River Valley High School student may have engaged in an inappropriate relationship.

The alleged incident took allegedly took place at River Valley High School before the beginning of the new school year.

Comments

1. James says:

One more pedophile caught! What is it with these teachers preying on children?!?!?!?!

1. D says:

Innocent until proven guilty, James; put your torch and pitchfork away until there’s an actual conviction.

2. derek smith says:

He didnt do it hes a great teacher and would never do that, it was the dumb girl who wanted a spotlight

3. maira says:

James this is for u if u don’t know the story. Don’t open your mouth..Mr. Barajas. Is the best person ever.IV been knoing him since a lil girl.he’s a great teacher n like I said day great person ever..don’t feel alone Mr.Barajas becouse the People who most love u n respect u are there for u…..Maira Oregel

1. Matt says:

Hope he didn’t teach you to write Maira. Wow, your writing skills are terrible.

4. maira says:

Man matt I was writng off a fone if u know wat it z..so if u don’t know don’t open your big ass mouth boy……..

2. Nicole says:

I can’t believe this is true, he used to be my teacher and he was always one of my favorites, he was so cool, so nice. I’m completely shocked just reading this.

3. Martin Flores says:

Its a lie

4. Joseph says:

i dont believe this!

5. V.M.M. says:

Ohhh please do not say anything if you do not know anything. From my perspective Mr. Barajas has been and I will say still is the best math teacher a high school can ask for it. He has dedicate more than 5 years to the YCUSD, RVHS, and to it students. that you can ask to anybody how had him as a teacher including myself. I am against pedophiles but not against Mr. Barajas because he is not one of them as simple as that. Because It is my obligation as a citizen of this community to stand for justice and this investigation shall continue but until the law and not the Yuba City Unifided School District claims Manuel Barajas guilty ot inocent, he is not guilty therefore he shall be release from prison.

6. Eric says:

well now he’ll be sombodies cup cake

7. V.M.M. says:

If the news whats true info look for it

8. VMM says:

you guys wanted action well here it ishttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Mr-Barajas-is-innocent/248583518505971

9. Jonathan says:

C’mon!……she was probably banging everyone in school….what’s the big deal?….she asked for $ and the teacher refused to give her any?!?!? LOL LOL LOL