Several Students Hurt In Explosive Prank At Lodi School
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
LODI, Calif. (CBS13) – A high-powered firecracker exploded during a high school spirit rally Friday, causing minor injuries to several students and leading to the arrest of a teen.
The Lodi Police Department said a 15-year-old student was questioned and arrested for allegedly setting off an M-1000 firecracker as a prank on the quad at Tokay High School shortly after noon.
A number of students suffered minor injuries to their legs due to the explosion. Most of the affected students were treated at the high school and released to their parents, according to authorities.
The teen suspect is facing criminal charges for setting off an explosion on school grounds.