Several Students Hurt In Explosive Prank At Lodi School
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LODI, Calif. (CBS13) – A high-powered firecracker exploded during a high school spirit rally Friday, causing minor injuries to several students and leading to the arrest of a teen.
The Lodi Police Department said a 15-year-old student was questioned and arrested for allegedly setting off an M-1000 firecracker as a prank on the quad at Tokay High School shortly after noon.
A number of students suffered minor injuries to their legs due to the explosion. Most of the affected students were treated at the high school and released to their parents, according to authorities.
The teen suspect is facing criminal charges for setting off an explosion on school grounds.