Several Students Hurt In Explosive Prank At Lodi School
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
LODI, Calif. (CBS13) – A high-powered firecracker exploded during a high school spirit rally Friday, causing minor injuries to several students and leading to the arrest of a teen.
The Lodi Police Department said a 15-year-old student was questioned and arrested for allegedly setting off an M-1000 firecracker as a prank on the quad at Tokay High School shortly after noon.
A number of students suffered minor injuries to their legs due to the explosion. Most of the affected students were treated at the high school and released to their parents, according to authorities.
The teen suspect is facing criminal charges for setting off an explosion on school grounds.