Deputies Arrest Suspect After ‘Brazen’ Copper Theft
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Three suspects damaged more than a dozen street lights and led deputies on a high-speed chase that ended in a crash Saturday morning, leading to an arrest of one of the men, authorities said.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said residents near Prairie Dunes Way and Piping Rock Drive reported at least two suspicious men prowling through their neighborhood just after 5:30 a.m., and when a deputy arrived in the area, the subjects fled in a red Chevy Suburban.
The chase sped over Vineyard Road onto westbound Gerber Road at speeds of almost 100 miles per hour, and the suspects’ vehicle crashed near the intersection of Gerber Road and Country Park Drive.
Three occupants fled the vehicle in different directions, and deputies soon arrested 30-year-old Robert Treadway after searching the area. The other two suspects were not located.
Authorities found several hundred feet in copper wire in the back of the suspects’ vehicle, and investigators say the metal came from at least 16 light poles.
Treadway is facing charges of grand theft, possession of stolen property, resisting arrest and probation violation.
Anyone with information on the incident or the whereabouts of the other two suspects is asked to contact Crime Alert by calling (916) 443-HELP or sending a text message to 274637 with “SACTIP” at the beginning of the message.