Out-Of-Control Big Rig Slams Into Caltrans Building In Pomona
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
POMONA (CBS) — An out-of-control big rig slammed into a Caltrans building around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning.
The driver, who apparently fell asleep at the wheel, was exiting the eastbound 60 Freeway at Garey Avenue when he lost control.
The big rig hit a guard rail, crossed through the intersection, and slammed into the Caltrans building.
No one was inside at the time.
The driver suffered minor injuries, but authorities don’t believe drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash.
Hazmat crews cleaned up diesel fuel that spilled, and fire crews were working to free the trailer from the truck.
The cab will not be removed until inspectors can determine if that would cause more damage to the Caltrans building.