Out-Of-Control Big Rig Slams Into Caltrans Building In Pomona
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
POMONA (CBS) — An out-of-control big rig slammed into a Caltrans building around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning.
The driver, who apparently fell asleep at the wheel, was exiting the eastbound 60 Freeway at Garey Avenue when he lost control.
The big rig hit a guard rail, crossed through the intersection, and slammed into the Caltrans building.
No one was inside at the time.
The driver suffered minor injuries, but authorities don’t believe drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash.
Hazmat crews cleaned up diesel fuel that spilled, and fire crews were working to free the trailer from the truck.
The cab will not be removed until inspectors can determine if that would cause more damage to the Caltrans building.