Out-Of-Control Big Rig Slams Into Caltrans Building In Pomona
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
POMONA (CBS) — An out-of-control big rig slammed into a Caltrans building around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning.
The driver, who apparently fell asleep at the wheel, was exiting the eastbound 60 Freeway at Garey Avenue when he lost control.
The big rig hit a guard rail, crossed through the intersection, and slammed into the Caltrans building.
No one was inside at the time.
The driver suffered minor injuries, but authorities don’t believe drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash.
Hazmat crews cleaned up diesel fuel that spilled, and fire crews were working to free the trailer from the truck.
The cab will not be removed until inspectors can determine if that would cause more damage to the Caltrans building.