Out-Of-Control Big Rig Slams Into Caltrans Building In Pomona
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
POMONA (CBS) — An out-of-control big rig slammed into a Caltrans building around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning.
The driver, who apparently fell asleep at the wheel, was exiting the eastbound 60 Freeway at Garey Avenue when he lost control.
The big rig hit a guard rail, crossed through the intersection, and slammed into the Caltrans building.
No one was inside at the time.
The driver suffered minor injuries, but authorities don’t believe drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash.
Hazmat crews cleaned up diesel fuel that spilled, and fire crews were working to free the trailer from the truck.
The cab will not be removed until inspectors can determine if that would cause more damage to the Caltrans building.