Out-Of-Control Big Rig Slams Into Caltrans Building In Pomona
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
POMONA (CBS) — An out-of-control big rig slammed into a Caltrans building around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning.
The driver, who apparently fell asleep at the wheel, was exiting the eastbound 60 Freeway at Garey Avenue when he lost control.
The big rig hit a guard rail, crossed through the intersection, and slammed into the Caltrans building.
No one was inside at the time.
The driver suffered minor injuries, but authorities don’t believe drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash.
Hazmat crews cleaned up diesel fuel that spilled, and fire crews were working to free the trailer from the truck.
The cab will not be removed until inspectors can determine if that would cause more damage to the Caltrans building.