8-Alarm Brush Fire Burns Near Fairfield
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) — Solano County fire crews are responding to a major grass fire that flared up near Fairfield late Saturday afternoon.
The brush fire, which is burning in an unoccupied area a few miles from Interstate 80, was first reported shortly after 5:00 p.m., expanded into a six-alarm response within an hour and was boosted to eight-alarm fire by 7:00 p.m.
The fire has reportedly burned more than 500 acres so far and is about 40 percent contained.
Winds quickly spread the flames and threatened a single home near Lagoon Valley Lake. No injuries have been reported.