Big Rig Collision Causes Elk Grove Power Outage
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) — More than 11,000 people were briefly without power after a collision on Highway 99 took out a power pole, authorities said.
A semi-tractor trailer tipped over on Highway 99 near the Stockton Boulevard off-ramp, destroying an electricity pole and sparking a small grass fire, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The driver was trapped inside the cab of the vehicle during the accident. Crews are still working to extricate him from the wreckage, and there is no immediate word on the extent of his injuries.
The accident left thousands of SMUD customers without power at about 7:30 p.m., officials said. SMUD. Power was restored at about 8:10 p.m.