Big Rig Collision Causes Elk Grove Power Outage
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ELK GROVE (CBS13) — More than 11,000 people were briefly without power after a collision on Highway 99 took out a power pole, authorities said.
A semi-tractor trailer tipped over on Highway 99 near the Stockton Boulevard off-ramp, destroying an electricity pole and sparking a small grass fire, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The driver was trapped inside the cab of the vehicle during the accident. Crews are still working to extricate him from the wreckage, and there is no immediate word on the extent of his injuries.
The accident left thousands of SMUD customers without power at about 7:30 p.m., officials said. SMUD. Power was restored at about 8:10 p.m.