Big Rig Collision Causes Elk Grove Power Outage
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) — More than 11,000 people were briefly without power after a collision on Highway 99 took out a power pole, authorities said.
A semi-tractor trailer tipped over on Highway 99 near the Stockton Boulevard off-ramp, destroying an electricity pole and sparking a small grass fire, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The driver was trapped inside the cab of the vehicle during the accident. Crews are still working to extricate him from the wreckage, and there is no immediate word on the extent of his injuries.
The accident left thousands of SMUD customers without power at about 7:30 p.m., officials said. SMUD. Power was restored at about 8:10 p.m.