Big Rig Collision Causes Elk Grove Power Outage
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
ELK GROVE (CBS13) — More than 11,000 people were briefly without power after a collision on Highway 99 took out a power pole, authorities said.
A semi-tractor trailer tipped over on Highway 99 near the Stockton Boulevard off-ramp, destroying an electricity pole and sparking a small grass fire, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The driver was trapped inside the cab of the vehicle during the accident. Crews are still working to extricate him from the wreckage, and there is no immediate word on the extent of his injuries.
The accident left thousands of SMUD customers without power at about 7:30 p.m., officials said. SMUD. Power was restored at about 8:10 p.m.