Big Rig Collision Causes Elk Grove Power Outage
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) — More than 11,000 people were briefly without power after a collision on Highway 99 took out a power pole, authorities said.
A semi-tractor trailer tipped over on Highway 99 near the Stockton Boulevard off-ramp, destroying an electricity pole and sparking a small grass fire, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The driver was trapped inside the cab of the vehicle during the accident. Crews are still working to extricate him from the wreckage, and there is no immediate word on the extent of his injuries.
The accident left thousands of SMUD customers without power at about 7:30 p.m., officials said. SMUD. Power was restored at about 8:10 p.m.