Man Accused Of Dragging Dog Behind Truck
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
OLIVEHURST (CBS13) — A dog is slowly recovering after being dragged by her neck and run over by her owner’s truck earlier this month, authorities said.
Witnesses told police they saw Baby, an American Bulldog, being helplessly pulled down a street by Wayne McFee’s truck, the rope around her neck only breaking loose when McFee allegedly put the vehicle in reverse and ran her over on purpose.
Baby suffered a broken leg and other series injuries and wasn’t expected to survive her injuries, but thanks to efforts from the organization One More Dog Rescue, the wounded animal is slowly regaining weight but may still have to have her broken leg and badly hurt tail amputated.
McFee fled the scene immediately after the incident earlier in August, according to authorities, but was arrested late last week on animal cruelty charges.
James Morrison, McFee’s friend, said the suspect didn’t intentionally hurt the dog and only panicked when he realized how bad Baby’s injuries were.
“He should have went back,” Morrison said. “He doesn’t have a mean bone in his body, he really doesn’t.”
Baby will soon be available for adoption from One More Dog Rescue.