Man Accused Of Dragging Dog Behind Truck
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
OLIVEHURST (CBS13) — A dog is slowly recovering after being dragged by her neck and run over by her owner’s truck earlier this month, authorities said.
Witnesses told police they saw Baby, an American Bulldog, being helplessly pulled down a street by Wayne McFee’s truck, the rope around her neck only breaking loose when McFee allegedly put the vehicle in reverse and ran her over on purpose.
Baby suffered a broken leg and other series injuries and wasn’t expected to survive her injuries, but thanks to efforts from the organization One More Dog Rescue, the wounded animal is slowly regaining weight but may still have to have her broken leg and badly hurt tail amputated.
McFee fled the scene immediately after the incident earlier in August, according to authorities, but was arrested late last week on animal cruelty charges.
James Morrison, McFee’s friend, said the suspect didn’t intentionally hurt the dog and only panicked when he realized how bad Baby’s injuries were.
“He should have went back,” Morrison said. “He doesn’t have a mean bone in his body, he really doesn’t.”
Baby will soon be available for adoption from One More Dog Rescue.