Man Accused Of Dragging Dog Behind Truck
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
OLIVEHURST (CBS13) — A dog is slowly recovering after being dragged by her neck and run over by her owner’s truck earlier this month, authorities said.
Witnesses told police they saw Baby, an American Bulldog, being helplessly pulled down a street by Wayne McFee’s truck, the rope around her neck only breaking loose when McFee allegedly put the vehicle in reverse and ran her over on purpose.
Baby suffered a broken leg and other series injuries and wasn’t expected to survive her injuries, but thanks to efforts from the organization One More Dog Rescue, the wounded animal is slowly regaining weight but may still have to have her broken leg and badly hurt tail amputated.
McFee fled the scene immediately after the incident earlier in August, according to authorities, but was arrested late last week on animal cruelty charges.
James Morrison, McFee’s friend, said the suspect didn’t intentionally hurt the dog and only panicked when he realized how bad Baby’s injuries were.
“He should have went back,” Morrison said. “He doesn’t have a mean bone in his body, he really doesn’t.”
Baby will soon be available for adoption from One More Dog Rescue.