Body Found In Ditch Near Highway 99 In South Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The body of a woman was found in a ditch in south Sacramento this morning and foul play is suspected, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
The body was discovered lying in a ditch along Highway 99 and Florin Road. A witness said that while walking to work after his bike got a flat, he saw the woman lying motionless in the embankment and landscaped area at westbound Florin Road to the southbound Highway 99 off-ramp. He went to a nearby doughnut shop and called 911.
Sheriff’s deputies arrived at about 7 a.m. along with paramedics, who pronounced the woman deceased at the scene. They don’t believe her body had been there long.
The woman was described as dark-skinned but her identity and age have not been released.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Sheriff’s Department at (916) 874-5115, Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP, or send a text message tip to 274637 (CRIMES) and enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.