Body Found In Ditch Near Highway 99 In South Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The body of a woman was found in a ditch in south Sacramento this morning and foul play is suspected, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
The body was discovered lying in a ditch along Highway 99 and Florin Road. A witness said that while walking to work after his bike got a flat, he saw the woman lying motionless in the embankment and landscaped area at westbound Florin Road to the southbound Highway 99 off-ramp. He went to a nearby doughnut shop and called 911.
Sheriff’s deputies arrived at about 7 a.m. along with paramedics, who pronounced the woman deceased at the scene. They don’t believe her body had been there long.
The woman was described as dark-skinned but her identity and age have not been released.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Sheriff’s Department at (916) 874-5115, Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP, or send a text message tip to 274637 (CRIMES) and enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.