Police Investigating Fairfield Murder-Suicide
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – Fairfield police are investigating what appears to be a murder-suicide that was reported by the couple’s children.
Police say they responded to a 9-1-1 call for a shooting at the home on Tulip and Dahlia streets around 6:30 Thursday night.
Officers arrived to find a 39-year-old woman and a 38-year-old man dead in the garage of the home.
Police interviewed four witnesses at the scene. Two of the witnesses were inside the home at the time of the shooting and two were walking up to the house as the last shot was heard. Three of the witnesses were siblings and the deceased couple were their parents, according to police.
Investigators say it looks like the man was the shooter in the case.
No one else was hurt and the children are staying with family in the area.