Police Investigating Fairfield Murder-Suicide
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – Fairfield police are investigating what appears to be a murder-suicide that was reported by the couple’s children.
Police say they responded to a 9-1-1 call for a shooting at the home on Tulip and Dahlia streets around 6:30 Thursday night.
Officers arrived to find a 39-year-old woman and a 38-year-old man dead in the garage of the home.
Police interviewed four witnesses at the scene. Two of the witnesses were inside the home at the time of the shooting and two were walking up to the house as the last shot was heard. Three of the witnesses were siblings and the deceased couple were their parents, according to police.
Investigators say it looks like the man was the shooter in the case.
No one else was hurt and the children are staying with family in the area.