House Catches Fire In Sacramento, Cause Unknown

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Firefighters were forced to break into a home in Sacramento early this morning after it caught fire.

The incident happened Azinger Way and Lopez Court.

A resident was in the home when the fire started. When they came out, flames could still be seen coming from the attic.

Investigators haven’t determined the exact cause of the fire.

“Ashes from the barbecue or the fireplace or maybe cigarettes. Maybe less common or often is some sort of oil like linseed oil that could cause spontaneous combustion,” said Sac Metro Fire Battalion Chief Ed Crawford.

Firefighters reported smelling the odor of natural gas.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Sacramento

Get Our App
Get The CBS Sacramento Weather AppGet the latest radar, CBS13 AppCasts and hour-by-hour forecasts. You can also send your weather pics.

Listen Live