ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – The Roseville Fire Department’s Hazmat Task Force has stopped ammonia leaking from a rail car at the Roseville rail yard.
The small ammonia gas leak was reported around 2:00 Thursday morning by Union Pacific workers who smelled the anhydrous ammonia. The workers were not hurt.
Fire fighters arrived to find the leak was caused by a faulty gasket. They were able to repair the gasket and stop the leak by 8:00 a.m.
Officials say the leak was small and was not at a level dangerous enough to require evacuations.