Young Boy Dies In El Dorado County Fire

PLEASANT VALLEY (CBS13) — A 4-year-old boy died in a house fire overnight in Pleasant Valley.

The El Dorado County Fire District responded to an emergency call at 12:18 a.m. Thursday of a structure fire at 4740 View Point Dr.

The first arriving unit arrived about 10 minutes after the call and reported heavy fire was coming out of several windows and the roof. Firefighters were told by the three other family members who got out of the home that the young boy was still inside. They immediately began to search in heavy smoke and heat for the boy and found him, deceased, in a bedroom.

The boy’s aunt, Jessica Simpson, identified him to CBS13’s Derek Shore as Sebastian Ewing. She told Shore the other family members, including the boy’s mother, Jennifer Ewing, fought to rescue him but all suffered burns and had to turn away. The boy’s grandfather also tried to rescue him, she said.

“My dad pushed the door, the bedroom door, open because the flames kept shutting it, and my dad’s glasses flew and he burned his head right here, and he had a hose with him too,” she said.

Simpson was devastated by the loss of her little nephew.

“He loved playing,” she told Shore. “He loved being around his cousins and being around his family, and he loved his mom.”

The other family members suffered burn wounds and were transported by medic unit to Marshall Medical Center in Placerville, according to the fire district.

A total of 12 units from El Dorado County Fire, Pioneer Fire District, Diamond Springs-El Dorado Fire District and Cal Fire responded.

The cause of the fire is under investigation and is being treated as a crime scene until proven otherwise, Shore reported.

Comments

1. James says:

They left the boy inside?!?!?! What a bunch of trash these people who got out. They should have made it a priority to get the boy out FIRST! hmmmmmmmm….something sounds VERY VERY suspicious about this boy being left inside to die……..hmmmmmmm

1. Kat says:

Trash?? Really, I find it perplexing that you speak so negatively of something you know nothing about. Where you there? Are you a friend or family member?? Obviously not. Your ignorance and assumptions are disgusting. Who are you to judge anyone, especially on half assed assumptions. Have a little bit of class and respect a family in mourning.

2. Steven says:

pretty harsh words when you have absolutely no idea what happened. I am positive they were outside when the fire started. I would also go as far as saying the only reason they were injured is a result of their efforts to save the poor little boy. Try and imagine how terribly devastated his family is. I am positive any of them would give their lives up to get their baby back.

3. Mace says:

Who has a house fire at 12:18 a.m.? people are nuts, must of been someone who fell asleep with a cigarette still lit. This is why people shouldn’t smoke. This is very suspicious. That poor 4 yr old…so sad on every level.

1. Son of a Fireman says:

Quit making assumptions. You have absolutely no idea what was the cause of the fire. There are many reasons for house fires and not all are because of ignorance. Give condolences for the family instead.

4. Jammie Dennison says:

i am a family member to the little boy all the harsh words are none sense dont you think my family is going threw enough right now they tried real hard to get that little boy out mt cuzn suffered from burns and my grandpa i just got the news today about this all and i know she dont need all you bagering her on this thanks.jammie dennison

1. tara j says:

That’s right if ppl dont know the family then they need to just shut their mouths, Jen and all of us have been thru enough they dont need ppl who dont look at facts, that just believe what they see and hear other ppl saying. Jen was a great mom and she has lost enough we all have and Bash was like a son to everyone who knew him. So ppl stop judging and learn the facts before you open your mouths again. Allie you claim to be a family member some family memeber you are your not the only one that lost that little boy we all did and we all loved him, it’s nobody’s fault accidents happen jen’s not perfect and neither are you. You call yourself family, you should be there for jen but no like everyone else your thinking of only yourself.

5. Nick says:

I agree with jammie. I also knew the family.If you werent there, you don’t know what happened.I wasn’t there but i know that the mother of the child loves the boy more than anything and would give her life for him.I’v seen a mother and son bond many times but none as strong as i have seen betwwen these two.The mother was very good with her son and this news makes me upset enough and all the negative assumptions isn’t helping.When your in a fire in a regular pair of clothes you can’t be the hero like in all the movies that some people think they are without experiencing a real life fire.when your in a fire like that you cant see,breath or think straight.your adrenaline is going to be so high,your skin is going to feel like its melting and the air draft will be so strong inside.i can’t imagine what was going through there mind knowing where the boy was and not being able to get to him after trying so hard.I wish this never happened,i knew the boy and he was cute and well behaved.I am so sorry for the family’s loss and they will be in my prayers.My words cannot explain for how much i mourn for this loss.

6. annie says:

My heart goes out to this family – I cannot imagine how painful it must be to lose a child, especially after trying to rescue him and not being able to.

7. YOU KNOW WHO I AM says:

BABY KILLER GOD DONT FORGET CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN!!! BABYKILLER YOU KILLED MY NEPHEW BECAUSE YOU LOCKED HIM IN HIS ROOM SO YU CAN PARTY!!!! WHAT A WONDERFUL MOM YOU TURNED OUT TO BE. HAY BABY KILLER HOWS YOUR OTHER TO KIDS THAT GOT TAKEN AWAY BECAUSE YOU HURT THEM??? OH HOW WOULD YOU KNOW YOU NEVER EVEN WENT TO SEE JOHNATHAN WHEN THEY DID TAKE HIM THATS WHY YOU DONT HAVE HIM NOW BABY KILLER!!!!!

8. Allie Pipkin says:

I am also a family member to the little boy, he was my baby cousin and Jennifer took him from me! I have never liked her and i have always had a hella bad feeling about her. Bottom line is she killed him and i never got to meet him!

9. Christopher stephens says:

you ppl are a bunch of ill informed fools i know jenn VERRY well she she is a good woman, mother and friend she has endured many losses and overcome manny obstacles in life you should keep yor stupid rude coments to urselves when u say things like baby killer and animals ur hurting more than her it hurts the ppl that love her