UPDATE: One Dead In Citrus Heights Crash
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) — A Citrus Heights man was killed in a two-vehicle accident Friday morning.
The collision at the intersection of Antelope Road and Mariposa Avenue occurred at about 7:33 a.m. and involved a four-door sedan and a pickup truck. Philo Toops, 87, was a passenger in the sedan and he was pronounced dead at the hospital. The driver of the sedan is stable and likely to be released from the hospital later Friday, according to police.
The driver of the pickup truck was treated and released. Both drivers’ names weren’t released by Citrus Heights police.
The preliminary investigation indicates one of the drivers may have caused the collision by running a red light, according to police.
Antelope Road was expected to be closed in both directions until 2 p.m.
Anyone with information on the crash is asked to call the Citrus Heights Police Department at (916) 727-5500.