UPDATE: One Dead In Citrus Heights Crash
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) — A Citrus Heights man was killed in a two-vehicle accident Friday morning.
The collision at the intersection of Antelope Road and Mariposa Avenue occurred at about 7:33 a.m. and involved a four-door sedan and a pickup truck. Philo Toops, 87, was a passenger in the sedan and he was pronounced dead at the hospital. The driver of the sedan is stable and likely to be released from the hospital later Friday, according to police.
The driver of the pickup truck was treated and released. Both drivers’ names weren’t released by Citrus Heights police.
The preliminary investigation indicates one of the drivers may have caused the collision by running a red light, according to police.
Antelope Road was expected to be closed in both directions until 2 p.m.
Anyone with information on the crash is asked to call the Citrus Heights Police Department at (916) 727-5500.