UPDATE: One Dead In Citrus Heights Crash
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) — A Citrus Heights man was killed in a two-vehicle accident Friday morning.
The collision at the intersection of Antelope Road and Mariposa Avenue occurred at about 7:33 a.m. and involved a four-door sedan and a pickup truck. Philo Toops, 87, was a passenger in the sedan and he was pronounced dead at the hospital. The driver of the sedan is stable and likely to be released from the hospital later Friday, according to police.
The driver of the pickup truck was treated and released. Both drivers’ names weren’t released by Citrus Heights police.
The preliminary investigation indicates one of the drivers may have caused the collision by running a red light, according to police.
Antelope Road was expected to be closed in both directions until 2 p.m.
Anyone with information on the crash is asked to call the Citrus Heights Police Department at (916) 727-5500.