UPDATE: One Dead In Citrus Heights Crash
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) — A Citrus Heights man was killed in a two-vehicle accident Friday morning.
The collision at the intersection of Antelope Road and Mariposa Avenue occurred at about 7:33 a.m. and involved a four-door sedan and a pickup truck. Philo Toops, 87, was a passenger in the sedan and he was pronounced dead at the hospital. The driver of the sedan is stable and likely to be released from the hospital later Friday, according to police.
The driver of the pickup truck was treated and released. Both drivers’ names weren’t released by Citrus Heights police.
The preliminary investigation indicates one of the drivers may have caused the collision by running a red light, according to police.
Antelope Road was expected to be closed in both directions until 2 p.m.
Anyone with information on the crash is asked to call the Citrus Heights Police Department at (916) 727-5500.