UPDATE: One Dead In Citrus Heights Crash

CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) — A Citrus Heights man was killed in a two-vehicle accident Friday morning.

The collision at the intersection of Antelope Road and Mariposa Avenue occurred at about 7:33 a.m. and involved a four-door sedan and a pickup truck. Philo Toops, 87, was a passenger in the sedan and he was pronounced dead at the hospital. The driver of the sedan is stable and likely to be released from the hospital later Friday, according to police.

The driver of the pickup truck was treated and released. Both drivers’ names weren’t released by Citrus Heights police.

The preliminary investigation indicates one of the drivers may have caused the collision by running a red light, according to police.

Antelope Road was expected to be closed in both directions until 2 p.m.

Anyone with information on the crash is asked to call the Citrus Heights Police Department at (916) 727-5500.

Comments

1. Shawn says:

Why even print any stories, if there is no info. Waste of money

2. Cathy says:

Yesterday just east of the auburn/antelope off ramp around 12:40 pm there was also a motorcycle accident. When I passed chp etc had not arrived yet. the center lane was blocked by a car and the cyclist and his bike were down. There were about 5 people around him, one was holding his head in her lap. Does anyone know what happen to that poor guy?

3. James says:

Shawn, this is NOT a waste of $….you don’t have to read the story if you don’t want to…..but, obviously, you do!

4. Shawn says:

AH YES!!! it is a waste of money. There is no need to produce an article until there more info to display. It might as well have just said “Car Accident”.
    If you dont like my comment, you dont have to read it….but, obviously, you do!

5. James says:

I never whined and whimpered about a comment…..not sure what you’re talking about……..but YOU Whined and WHIMPERED about the article….for no reason at all, obviously….

6. Shawn says:

REALLY?? You are as sharp as a marble!! Try reading your comment again. Pot calling the kettle black….

7. James says:

Wow, I’m impressed, Shawn……U really “let me have it!”…….. I’m so hurt now!……….NOT!…….LOSER! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH

8. Shawn says:

LOL! OH MAN! You let me have it too!! LMAO!!

9. Rudy_in_Sac says:

My 4 year old wanted me to tell you he thinks you two are cool..

10. Tmoo says:

Dear Shawn & James,
    Regardless of you two bickering, an elderly gentlemen unexpectedly died, he was killed in an automobile accident-whether it’s news or not…& it matters to his family. I guess now you’ll turn on me because either you’re argumentative &/or don’t care about the real story. I apologize if I offend, I’m just a silly girl that cares about people. OK, now let the attacks begin…….my condolences to the family…at least someone out there cares.