South Sacramento SWAT Standoff Ends Peacefully
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A gathering to mourn the death of a loved one turned into an overnight standoff between a man with a gun and Sacramento SWAT officers, according to police.
The standoff started after police were called to a home in the 3600 block of Fallis Circle just after midnight after a man was reportedly threatening people with a gun.
Police say a man who was at the home mourning the death of his girlfriend’s father grabbed a gun and began threatening several people at the home whom he did not think belonged there.
When police arrived, the man refused to come out. SWAT was then called and after several hours, the man surrendered and was arrested.
No one was hurt.