South Sacramento SWAT Standoff Ends Peacefully
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A gathering to mourn the death of a loved one turned into an overnight standoff between a man with a gun and Sacramento SWAT officers, according to police.
The standoff started after police were called to a home in the 3600 block of Fallis Circle just after midnight after a man was reportedly threatening people with a gun.
Police say a man who was at the home mourning the death of his girlfriend’s father grabbed a gun and began threatening several people at the home whom he did not think belonged there.
When police arrived, the man refused to come out. SWAT was then called and after several hours, the man surrendered and was arrested.
No one was hurt.