South Sacramento SWAT Standoff Ends Peacefully
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A gathering to mourn the death of a loved one turned into an overnight standoff between a man with a gun and Sacramento SWAT officers, according to police.
The standoff started after police were called to a home in the 3600 block of Fallis Circle just after midnight after a man was reportedly threatening people with a gun.
Police say a man who was at the home mourning the death of his girlfriend’s father grabbed a gun and began threatening several people at the home whom he did not think belonged there.
When police arrived, the man refused to come out. SWAT was then called and after several hours, the man surrendered and was arrested.
No one was hurt.