South Sacramento SWAT Standoff Ends Peacefully
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A gathering to mourn the death of a loved one turned into an overnight standoff between a man with a gun and Sacramento SWAT officers, according to police.
The standoff started after police were called to a home in the 3600 block of Fallis Circle just after midnight after a man was reportedly threatening people with a gun.
Police say a man who was at the home mourning the death of his girlfriend’s father grabbed a gun and began threatening several people at the home whom he did not think belonged there.
When police arrived, the man refused to come out. SWAT was then called and after several hours, the man surrendered and was arrested.
No one was hurt.