Craigslist Ad Leads To Sacramento Man’s Arrest
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — A Sacramento man stole a new water heater from a Roseville home and then advertised it for sale on Craigslist, leading to his arrest, police said.
Michael Annis, 37, was arrested Tuesday by Roseville police officers, and the tankless water heater was recovered and returned to the homeowner.
Sometime between Saturday and Monday, an unoccupied home listed for sale in the Stoneridge area of Roseville was burglarized. A new tankless water heater, still in the box, and contractor’s tools were taken from the garage.
The victim, a contractor who had been remodeling the house, searched on Craigslist for his stolen property and found a tankless water heater identical to the one that had been stolen listed for sale, according to police. He then contacted the Roseville Police Department.
The victim contacted the Craigslist seller and arranged to meet, purportedly to buy the water heater. Roseville police officers met the seller, Annis, confirmed the water heater was the one stolen during the burglary, and arrested him.
Police found burglar’s tools and a list of other homes for sale throughout the region in the trunk of Annis’ car.
Annis was booked into the Placer County Jail on $230,000 bail.