Newlyweds Receive Wrong Marriage Certificate
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A recently married couple was stunned when they discovered that Solano County officials had mailed them a marriage certificate bearing another couple’s personal information.
Darius and Lashanna Upshaw said they hadn’t closely examined the certificate after returning from their honeymoon, but when Lashanna visited a DMV office to have her driver’s license changed to reflect her new last name, the clerk pointed out that the wrong name was on the form.
“My mouth dropped,” Lashanna said.
The certificate bore the names, addresses, birthdays and parental information for another couple, the Schulers. The Upshaws returned the certificate immediately and were told the mistake was the result of a human error.
County officials said they hadn’t informed the Schulers of the mistake. When CBS13 contacted Mark Schuler, he said it was “pretty scary” to learn his information had been given out.
Officials said the mistake was the first of its kind in the county since 2003, and added that the information on the certificate is public record and shouldn’t be damaging.