UPDATE: Man Found Dead In Del Paso Heights
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
DEL PASO HEIGHTS (CBS13) – Police are investigating the death of a man shot in the backyard of a Del Paso Heights home were marijuana plants are being grown.
Police were called to a home on Morey Avenue and Knightlinger Street at about 3:11 a.m. Thursday and found Vue Cheng, 29, with a gunshot wound and blunt force trauma to his upper torso. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Detectives now believe that the two residents were awoken by noise in the backyard. The residents found at least one man (Cheng) attempting to steal marijuana plants from the backyard and confronted him.
The police have not released the names of the residents and did not indicate that anyone had been arrested.
Whether it’s for medical purposes or not, a neighbor told CBS13’s Nick Janes the pot garden was to blame.
“Too many people are getting killed over it,” he said.