UPDATE: Man Found Dead In Del Paso Heights
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
DEL PASO HEIGHTS (CBS13) – Police are investigating the death of a man shot in the backyard of a Del Paso Heights home were marijuana plants are being grown.
Police were called to a home on Morey Avenue and Knightlinger Street at about 3:11 a.m. Thursday and found Vue Cheng, 29, with a gunshot wound and blunt force trauma to his upper torso. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Detectives now believe that the two residents were awoken by noise in the backyard. The residents found at least one man (Cheng) attempting to steal marijuana plants from the backyard and confronted him.
The police have not released the names of the residents and did not indicate that anyone had been arrested.
Whether it’s for medical purposes or not, a neighbor told CBS13′s Nick Janes the pot garden was to blame.
“Too many people are getting killed over it,” he said.