UPDATE: Man Found Dead In Del Paso Heights
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
DEL PASO HEIGHTS (CBS13) – Police are investigating the death of a man shot in the backyard of a Del Paso Heights home were marijuana plants are being grown.
Police were called to a home on Morey Avenue and Knightlinger Street at about 3:11 a.m. Thursday and found Vue Cheng, 29, with a gunshot wound and blunt force trauma to his upper torso. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Detectives now believe that the two residents were awoken by noise in the backyard. The residents found at least one man (Cheng) attempting to steal marijuana plants from the backyard and confronted him.
The police have not released the names of the residents and did not indicate that anyone had been arrested.
Whether it’s for medical purposes or not, a neighbor told CBS13’s Nick Janes the pot garden was to blame.
“Too many people are getting killed over it,” he said.