Highway 99 Clogged In Elk Grove After Accident
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Two big rigs and two other vehicles, including a Caltrans truck, crashed in a chain-reaction accident on northbound Highway 99 in Elk Grove on Thursday morning.
The accident happened just before 8:50 a.m. on Highway 99 at Elk Grove Boulevard after a big rig slammed on its brakes to avoid slowed traffic but hit the Caltrans truck. That triggered a chain reaction in which the truck hit a Scion, which banged into another big rig.
All northbound lanes were blocked for nearly two hours. The first lane was reopened at about 10:40 and the Nos. 2 and 3 lanes were reopened shortly before noon.
No one was seriously hurt in the accident, but one of the big rigs dumped its load, a sticky substances used for pretreatment before laying asphalt, according to CHP Michael Bradley, who said “it’s like glue.”
Traffic was backed up for miles as CHP diverted northbound traffic off the highway at Elk Grove Boulevard.
The Caltrans truck, a Ford F-150, sustained heavy rear-end damage.