Roseville Police Make Arrest In Attempted Kidnapping
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) -– Police say they have arrested a man suspected in an attempted abduction near a Roseville school on Thursday who may be connected to several other attempted kidnappings in the area.
According to police, a child was approached by a man in a white van at a park near Gates Elementary School around 5 p.m. Thursday. The child got away and told an adult about the incident. Another adult who witnessed the attempted abduction was able to provide police with a description of the man and the van.
Police arrested the suspect Friday morning. They are not releasing the man’s name or picture because they are doing photo lineups to see if he is related to the previous kidnap attempts.
In all of the previous incidents near Junction Elementary School and Thomas Jefferson Elementary School, the students, ages 9 to 11, said strangers approached them in the late afternoon and evening hours and asked if they wanted a ride home. All of the students ran away.