Roseville Police Make Arrest In Attempted Kidnapping
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) -– Police say they have arrested a man suspected in an attempted abduction near a Roseville school on Thursday who may be connected to several other attempted kidnappings in the area.
According to police, a child was approached by a man in a white van at a park near Gates Elementary School around 5 p.m. Thursday. The child got away and told an adult about the incident. Another adult who witnessed the attempted abduction was able to provide police with a description of the man and the van.
Police arrested the suspect Friday morning. They are not releasing the man’s name or picture because they are doing photo lineups to see if he is related to the previous kidnap attempts.
In all of the previous incidents near Junction Elementary School and Thomas Jefferson Elementary School, the students, ages 9 to 11, said strangers approached them in the late afternoon and evening hours and asked if they wanted a ride home. All of the students ran away.