Butte County Volunteer Firefighter Suspected Of Arson
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
BUTTE COUNTY (CBS13) — A Butte County volunteer firefighter has been arrested on suspicion of setting fire to multiple structures and igniting grass fires.
Jiro Perkins-Grubbs, 31, of Magalia in Butte County was arrested Tuesday night on six counts of arson to a structure, including the De Sabla Market, Lovelock Inn and the Old Magalia Depot, and three counts of arson to wildland, according to CalFire.
Perkins-Grubbs is suspected of starting a series of fires in the Magalia area beginning in July.
“CalFire law enforcement officers have been vigorously working to solve these crimes,” Butte County Fire Chief George Morris said. “The loss of property and potential for civilian and firefighter injury resulting from the act of arson is reprehensible, but is compounded when the suspect is associated with the fire department.”
Perkins-Grubbs was booked into Butte County jail.