Butte County Volunteer Firefighter Suspected Of Arson
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
BUTTE COUNTY (CBS13) — A Butte County volunteer firefighter has been arrested on suspicion of setting fire to multiple structures and igniting grass fires.
Jiro Perkins-Grubbs, 31, of Magalia in Butte County was arrested Tuesday night on six counts of arson to a structure, including the De Sabla Market, Lovelock Inn and the Old Magalia Depot, and three counts of arson to wildland, according to CalFire.
Perkins-Grubbs is suspected of starting a series of fires in the Magalia area beginning in July.
“CalFire law enforcement officers have been vigorously working to solve these crimes,” Butte County Fire Chief George Morris said. “The loss of property and potential for civilian and firefighter injury resulting from the act of arson is reprehensible, but is compounded when the suspect is associated with the fire department.”
Perkins-Grubbs was booked into Butte County jail.