Butte County Volunteer Firefighter Suspected Of Arson
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
BUTTE COUNTY (CBS13) — A Butte County volunteer firefighter has been arrested on suspicion of setting fire to multiple structures and igniting grass fires.
Jiro Perkins-Grubbs, 31, of Magalia in Butte County was arrested Tuesday night on six counts of arson to a structure, including the De Sabla Market, Lovelock Inn and the Old Magalia Depot, and three counts of arson to wildland, according to CalFire.
Perkins-Grubbs is suspected of starting a series of fires in the Magalia area beginning in July.
“CalFire law enforcement officers have been vigorously working to solve these crimes,” Butte County Fire Chief George Morris said. “The loss of property and potential for civilian and firefighter injury resulting from the act of arson is reprehensible, but is compounded when the suspect is associated with the fire department.”
Perkins-Grubbs was booked into Butte County jail.