Butte County Volunteer Firefighter Suspected Of Arson
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
BUTTE COUNTY (CBS13) — A Butte County volunteer firefighter has been arrested on suspicion of setting fire to multiple structures and igniting grass fires.
Jiro Perkins-Grubbs, 31, of Magalia in Butte County was arrested Tuesday night on six counts of arson to a structure, including the De Sabla Market, Lovelock Inn and the Old Magalia Depot, and three counts of arson to wildland, according to CalFire.
Perkins-Grubbs is suspected of starting a series of fires in the Magalia area beginning in July.
“CalFire law enforcement officers have been vigorously working to solve these crimes,” Butte County Fire Chief George Morris said. “The loss of property and potential for civilian and firefighter injury resulting from the act of arson is reprehensible, but is compounded when the suspect is associated with the fire department.”
Perkins-Grubbs was booked into Butte County jail.