Woman Arrested On Child Abuse And Torture Charges
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento woman has been arrested on charges she tortured and endangered the life of a child after her alleged victim asked a stranger for help.
Deputies arrested 35-year-old Duewa Lee on Wednesday on 10 counts of child abuse and one count of torture after her 12-year-old stepdaughter sought help.
Lee was taken into custody after taking the girl to a business on an errand. Deputies say the girl was able to get help from a stranger at that business.
There are published reports saying the girl had been burned with a hot iron and had been pierced with a stapler, but the Sheriff’s department would not confirm that only saying the victim has injuries consistent with the abuse charges.
Lee is being held in the Sacramento County Jail and is scheduled to be in court this Friday.
The girl has undergone a medical evaluation and been placed in protective custody.