Woman Arrested On Child Abuse And Torture Charges
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento woman has been arrested on charges she tortured and endangered the life of a child after her alleged victim asked a stranger for help.
Deputies arrested 35-year-old Duewa Lee on Wednesday on 10 counts of child abuse and one count of torture after her 12-year-old stepdaughter sought help.
Lee was taken into custody after taking the girl to a business on an errand. Deputies say the girl was able to get help from a stranger at that business.
There are published reports saying the girl had been burned with a hot iron and had been pierced with a stapler, but the Sheriff’s department would not confirm that only saying the victim has injuries consistent with the abuse charges.
Lee is being held in the Sacramento County Jail and is scheduled to be in court this Friday.
The girl has undergone a medical evaluation and been placed in protective custody.