Woman Arrested On Child Abuse And Torture Charges

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento woman has been arrested on charges she tortured and endangered the life of a child after her alleged victim asked a stranger for help.

Deputies arrested 35-year-old Duewa Lee on Wednesday on 10 counts of child abuse and one count of torture after her 12-year-old stepdaughter sought help.

Lee was taken into custody after taking the girl to a business on an errand. Deputies say the girl was able to get help from a stranger at that business.

There are published reports saying the girl had been burned with a hot iron and had been pierced with a stapler, but the Sheriff’s department would not confirm that only saying the victim has injuries consistent with the abuse charges.

Lee is being held in the Sacramento County Jail and is scheduled to be in court this Friday.

The girl has undergone a medical evaluation and been placed in protective custody.

Comments

1. Sally says:

What the F is the matter with people you POS

2. unique says:

Forget about animals needing to be neutered. All the people who mistreat children should be sterilized and make it mandatory.

3. BigRed53 says:

Drug use….Helping to build families all across America!!! I’m glad this child will finally get help.

4. rmcsticks says:

why did a stranger have to step in , where were her friends and family.people stop turning a blind eye, this could have been stoped but no one wants to step up. for those of you that knew ,,,, you make me sick ! and you are a POS just like her.

5. Tom says:

hummmmmmmmmm …. “those people again !!!!

6. Mike Carpino says:

thank God for GOOD foster care AND NEVER return this youg child to that monster again!!! A leapord never changes its spots.

7. nobama says:

What a way to treat the reason you get a welfare check………

8. bill says:

I agree with tom

9. Susan says:

I grew up in the 70’s and 80 ‘s when you didn’t talk to strangers. But in today’s world you need strangers to step in.God bless the stranger for getting involved. God bless that little girl for getting away and finding help. And to hell with that woman and I use that word loosely!

10. MAC49 says:

Welfare at its finest. Lets spread the wealth. God forbid they should be asked to be accountable and get a job if you want to have children and eat even for your self. But then again they need that child to get welfare. OOOPPSSSS my mistake those children represent Money.

11. Shawn says:

I have been working hard since 17 and have never had to resort to welfare so I understand that it gets frustrating for non-welfare recipients but rich people abuse their children as well. This case shouldn’t be judged on if the “lady” is on welfare but the fact that she abused her child, plain and simple. Saying “those people again” is just as ignorant. Bill and Tom, I understand that you both were trying to anger black people but you should realize that your comment just makes you sound dumb. Trying to anger a certain race and over the internet at that is just stupid. Nice try though.

1. Jasmine says:

Nicely Put. Kudos

12. john says:

shawn, sounds like they did

13. Shawn says:

John, it may sound like it to you but I’m not black or angry…..

14. jackie says:

It would be interesting to know what Bill and Tom do for a living if any thing.

15. Susan says:

Tom and Bill, no matter what race you happen to be, abuse is there. Abuse take on no color. I’m white. My ex husband is white. He abused me when we were married. Wake up and look around. Can you tell an abuser from a non abuser just by color? No, you can’t.

16. IN VEGAS says:

I KNOW DUEWA AKA(LUCKY) LEE PERSONALLY. THIS GIRL HARRASSED MY FAMILY FOR YEARS. MY COUSIN HAS A CHILD BY HER, AND SHE HAS BEEN CRAZY FOR YEARS. I HAVE SO MUCH PAPERWORK ON HER THAT PROVES SHE IS CRAZY………I TOLD HER KARMA WAS COMING…FOR THE FAMILY OF THE LITTLE GIRL, I FEEL SO BAD THIS HAPPEN TO HER.

17. Jasmine says:

To anyone who feels as though this barbaric type of behavior plagues only a specific type of demo graph…your ignorance is nearly as despicable as the acts themselves. I have seen abuse in all walks of earth, military branches, religious communities, political figures, academic leaders…trying to throw a racial slur is not appropriate. Open your eyes and hearts before you open your mouth.