Stockton Couple To Get $450,000 In Arrest Lawsuit
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (AP) — A Stockton couple will be getting nearly half a half a million dollars over their arrest for a murder they didn’t commit.
The Stockton Record reports that San Joaquin County officials have agreed to pay $450,000 to settle a suit brought by Mark Lee Ewing and Heather Marie Ewing.
The Ewings were arrested after a man was stabbed to death during a brawl outside a Stockton bar in 2004.
Two members of a motorcycle gang were later arrested and eventually convicted in the case, but the Ewings ended up spending a week in jail.
County officials approved the settlement payment during a meeting Tuesday.
Earlier this year, the city of Stockton agreed to pay $550,000 to the Ewings to settle the case.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)