Stockton Couple To Get $450,000 In Arrest Lawsuit
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
STOCKTON (AP) — A Stockton couple will be getting nearly half a half a million dollars over their arrest for a murder they didn’t commit.
The Stockton Record reports that San Joaquin County officials have agreed to pay $450,000 to settle a suit brought by Mark Lee Ewing and Heather Marie Ewing.
The Ewings were arrested after a man was stabbed to death during a brawl outside a Stockton bar in 2004.
Two members of a motorcycle gang were later arrested and eventually convicted in the case, but the Ewings ended up spending a week in jail.
County officials approved the settlement payment during a meeting Tuesday.
Earlier this year, the city of Stockton agreed to pay $550,000 to the Ewings to settle the case.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)