One Killed In Granite Bay Fire
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
GRANITE BAY (CBS13) – Fire investigators are trying to determine what sparked a weekend fire in Placer County that killed an elderly man.
A home on the 8100 block of Barton Road in Granite Bay became fully engulfed in flames just after 9:15 p.m. Sunday night, prompting a two-alarm response from the South Placer Fire Department. A man’s body was found inside the home after fire fighters extinguished the blaze.
Fire investigators returned to the home Monday morning along with personnel from the Placer County Sheriff’s Department and the Sac-Sierra Arson Task Force.
The victim has not yet been positively identified but authorities believe it is the homeowner.
A neighbor describes the man as a lifelong resident of Granite Bay who lived here with his sister until she passed away a few years ago. He’s lived alone since then.
“He’d get my mail and bring ti over to me. For Christmas, I’d bring him treats. We’d just visit and stuff. I’d keep an eye on him,” said neighbor Pam Cox.
Right no, investigators say there is no indication the fire is suspicious.
An autopsy is scheduled to identify the victim.