High School Game Cancelled Due To Vandalism
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
MARYSVILLE (CBS13) — The highly anticipated “Battle of the Bell” football game was cancelled Friday night due to vandalism against the visiting high school’s campus.
The Marysville Police Department said they were called out to Marysville High School after officials found derogatory slogans spray painted in multiple locations on campus. The vandals may also have smeared fecal matter on one of the campus buildings.
Investigators identified at least 8 students from Lindhurst High School who were allegedly responsible for the damage, and say those students could face suspension or misdemeanor vandalism charges.
Marysville was scheduled to play at Lindhurst for the “Battle of the Bell” Friday night, but Lindhurst officials decided to forfeit the game due to the incident.
The police investigation into the vandalism will continue on Monday, officials said.