Woman’s Body Found Near Escalon
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ESCALON (CBS13) — Authorities combed through a corn field overnight after a dead woman was found in rural San Joaquin County on Saturday.
San Joaquin County Sheriff’s investigators said a farmer located human remains near Lone Tree Road and Sexton Road, a few miles outside Escalon.
County investigators turned the case over the Stockton Police Department due to the ongoing search for 23-year-old Dalene Carlson, a woman who was last spotted at a Stockton bar and supermarket on August 7.
Authorities have searched a wide area of land near the Calaveras River and other parts of San Joaquin County, but have not yet determined what happened to Carlson.
Investigators have not released details about any potential connections between Saturday’s discovery and Carlson’s disappearance.