South Sac Shooting Victim Considered Innocent Bystander
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The woman killed in a late night shooting Friday is considered to be an innocent bystander, according to authorities.
Family members said they are still reeling from the shock of learning that 22-year-old Carrie McCullough was shot and killed while attending a barbeque at a friend’s home on Della Circle.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said two men, described as Asian males wearing white bandanas and white hats, opened fire from down the block.
Investigators aren’t sure who the suspects meant to shoot, but say they are almost completely certain McCullough was not the target.
Chelsea Burgess, who was soon to be Carre’s mother-in-law, said the lifelong Placer County resident was a dedicated mother to her three-year-old daughter and a good friend to everyone she knew.
“Those guys should know that they took a mother away from her child,” Burgess said.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Department.