South Sac Shooting Victim Considered Innocent Bystander
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The woman killed in a late night shooting Friday is considered to be an innocent bystander, according to authorities.
Family members said they are still reeling from the shock of learning that 22-year-old Carrie McCullough was shot and killed while attending a barbeque at a friend’s home on Della Circle.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said two men, described as Asian males wearing white bandanas and white hats, opened fire from down the block.
Investigators aren’t sure who the suspects meant to shoot, but say they are almost completely certain McCullough was not the target.
Chelsea Burgess, who was soon to be Carre’s mother-in-law, said the lifelong Placer County resident was a dedicated mother to her three-year-old daughter and a good friend to everyone she knew.
“Those guys should know that they took a mother away from her child,” Burgess said.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Department.