South Sac Shooting Victim Considered Innocent Bystander
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The woman killed in a late night shooting Friday is considered to be an innocent bystander, according to authorities.
Family members said they are still reeling from the shock of learning that 22-year-old Carrie McCullough was shot and killed while attending a barbeque at a friend’s home on Della Circle.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said two men, described as Asian males wearing white bandanas and white hats, opened fire from down the block.
Investigators aren’t sure who the suspects meant to shoot, but say they are almost completely certain McCullough was not the target.
Chelsea Burgess, who was soon to be Carre’s mother-in-law, said the lifelong Placer County resident was a dedicated mother to her three-year-old daughter and a good friend to everyone she knew.
“Those guys should know that they took a mother away from her child,” Burgess said.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Department.