Bay Area Shooting Suspect Captured In El Dorado County
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) -– A suspect in two shootings out of the Bay Area has been captured in El Dorado County, according to authorities.
El Dorado County Sheriff’s deputies caught up with 50-year-old Doran Long on westbound Highway 50 at Ponderosa Road shortly before 6 a.m. There was a short chase before Long pulled over, but he didn’t surrender. A K-9 dog was used to arrest Long and the dog bit him, according to the sheriff’s department. The highway was shutdown for a short time during the felony arrest.
Long is a security guard suspected in two shootings late Wednesday night.
Police say he opened fire at the Crescent Park Apartments in Richmond at about 10:30 p.m., wounding his supervisor. The two had argued earlier in the evening when Long was suspended, police said. He also fired dozens of shots at his neighbor’s house in Concord, barely missing a 9-year-old child, police said.
Long works for a private security firm.
The Concord Police Department had alerted the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Department that Long could be headed its way.
Long was taken to Marshall Hospital for medical clearance and then booked into the county jail.