Car Backs Into Baby In Elk Grove Driveway
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) — An 18-month-old baby h girl as been seriously injured after a car driven by the baby’s uncle backed into the child Monday afternoon, according to Elk Grove police.
The accident occurred in the 9200 block of Rushing Creek Way at about 1 p.m. The child’s uncle was backing out of the driveway in a white BMW sedan and didn’t realize the the toddler was playing in the driveway.
“He was visibly shaken,” Elk Grove police Officer Chris Trimm said of the girl’s uncle. “It’s certainly not anything any parent should have to go through.”
Trimm added that police were asking the uncle if he was distracted or simply didn’t see the child.
The girl was conscious when taken to an area hospital, police said, but suffered major trauma after being hit and dragged a few feet.
The girl’s mother accompanied her to the hospital.