Car Backs Into Baby In Elk Grove Driveway
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) — An 18-month-old baby h girl as been seriously injured after a car driven by the baby’s uncle backed into the child Monday afternoon, according to Elk Grove police.
The accident occurred in the 9200 block of Rushing Creek Way at about 1 p.m. The child’s uncle was backing out of the driveway in a white BMW sedan and didn’t realize the the toddler was playing in the driveway.
“He was visibly shaken,” Elk Grove police Officer Chris Trimm said of the girl’s uncle. “It’s certainly not anything any parent should have to go through.”
Trimm added that police were asking the uncle if he was distracted or simply didn’t see the child.
The girl was conscious when taken to an area hospital, police said, but suffered major trauma after being hit and dragged a few feet.
The girl’s mother accompanied her to the hospital.