Car Backs Into Baby In Elk Grove Driveway
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ELK GROVE (CBS13) — An 18-month-old baby h girl as been seriously injured after a car driven by the baby’s uncle backed into the child Monday afternoon, according to Elk Grove police.
The accident occurred in the 9200 block of Rushing Creek Way at about 1 p.m. The child’s uncle was backing out of the driveway in a white BMW sedan and didn’t realize the the toddler was playing in the driveway.
“He was visibly shaken,” Elk Grove police Officer Chris Trimm said of the girl’s uncle. “It’s certainly not anything any parent should have to go through.”
Trimm added that police were asking the uncle if he was distracted or simply didn’t see the child.
The girl was conscious when taken to an area hospital, police said, but suffered major trauma after being hit and dragged a few feet.
The girl’s mother accompanied her to the hospital.