Suspects Arrested For Burglary While Elderly Homeowner Was Sleeping
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
PATTERSON (CBS13) – Stanislaus County Sheriff’s deputies have arrested two people for allegedly breaking into a home and stealing items all while the homeowner was sleeping inside.
Deputies were called about a burglary in-progress at a home in the 1400 block of Mesa Creek Drive in the City of Patterson and were told the elderly homeowner may still be inside.
When deputies arrived, they found an elderly woman asleep in the home. She was unaware that someone had entered her home and stolen items.
While searching the area, deputies spotted two people leaving a second home a couple of blocks away. Deputies detained them and found stolen items from both homes. Deputies also believe the pair is responsible for several burglaries at nearby businesses on the same night.
The suspects, Manuel Gallardo and Alma Avila, are facing charges of first degree burglary, second degree burglary, and receiving stolen property.