Three Women Arrested For String Of Burglaries
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ALTA SIERRA (CBS13) — A public fight led to the arrest of three women suspected of committing a number of burglaries and authorities believe they still haven’t uncovered all of the suspects’ alleged thefts.
Nevada County deputies received a number of phone calls from neighbors along Stinson Drive that three women were arguing loudly and fighting in the middle of the roadway this past weekend.
When authorities arrived, they discovered the three women — identified as 24-year-old Jackie Hurtado, 18-year-old Erin Nicole Kirkham and a 16-year-old girl — in possession of a number of stolen clothes and electronics. Investigators also found a stolen handgun.
Deputies said the suspects apparently targeted cars and homes along Stinson Drive and stole everything they could get their hands on.
“It looks like drugs was a possible foundation for what was going on,” said Nevada County Sheriff Keith Royal.
The three suspects turned on each other after their arrest and attempted to blame each other for masterminding the alleged crimes, but text messages on a cell phone recovered with the suspects shows evidence the three had committed a number of other burglaries, Royal added.
The underage suspect was booked into juvenile hall and the two adult suspects are being held on $11,000 bail.