Three Women Arrested For String Of Burglaries
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ALTA SIERRA (CBS13) — A public fight led to the arrest of three women suspected of committing a number of burglaries and authorities believe they still haven’t uncovered all of the suspects’ alleged thefts.
Nevada County deputies received a number of phone calls from neighbors along Stinson Drive that three women were arguing loudly and fighting in the middle of the roadway this past weekend.
When authorities arrived, they discovered the three women — identified as 24-year-old Jackie Hurtado, 18-year-old Erin Nicole Kirkham and a 16-year-old girl — in possession of a number of stolen clothes and electronics. Investigators also found a stolen handgun.
Deputies said the suspects apparently targeted cars and homes along Stinson Drive and stole everything they could get their hands on.
“It looks like drugs was a possible foundation for what was going on,” said Nevada County Sheriff Keith Royal.
The three suspects turned on each other after their arrest and attempted to blame each other for masterminding the alleged crimes, but text messages on a cell phone recovered with the suspects shows evidence the three had committed a number of other burglaries, Royal added.
The underage suspect was booked into juvenile hall and the two adult suspects are being held on $11,000 bail.