Boy, 7, Hit And Killed By Vehicle On Howe Avenue
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A 7-year-old boy was struck and killed by a BMW sedan in the Arden-Arcade area Thursday afternoon, authorities said.
The California Highway Patrol said the boy and a friend ran across Howe Avenue near Burney Way while walking home from school just after 1:20 p.m.
The friend made it across safely, but the other boy, identified as Tayvon Webb, hesitated and was hit by the BMW traveling at about 40 miles per hour, CHP spokesperson Lizz Dutton said.
The boys were not using a cross walk but rather tried to cross from Bellview Park after leaving Howe Avenue Elementary.
Webb was transported to UC Davis Medical Center with severe head trauma but died as a result of his injuries. The driver stopped after the accident and was cooperative, authorities said. A witness said the driver didn’t appear to see the boys.
“I see him go to school every day. It just hurts my heart,” said nearby resident Tiffany Roland.
The CHP says they are still investigating the case and have not yet filed charges against the driver.