Boy, 7, Hit And Killed By Vehicle On Howe Avenue
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A 7-year-old boy was struck and killed by a BMW sedan in the Arden-Arcade area Thursday afternoon, authorities said.
The California Highway Patrol said the boy and a friend ran across Howe Avenue near Burney Way while walking home from school just after 1:20 p.m.
The friend made it across safely, but the other boy, identified as Tayvon Webb, hesitated and was hit by the BMW traveling at about 40 miles per hour, CHP spokesperson Lizz Dutton said.
The boys were not using a cross walk but rather tried to cross from Bellview Park after leaving Howe Avenue Elementary.
Webb was transported to UC Davis Medical Center with severe head trauma but died as a result of his injuries. The driver stopped after the accident and was cooperative, authorities said. A witness said the driver didn’t appear to see the boys.
“I see him go to school every day. It just hurts my heart,” said nearby resident Tiffany Roland.
The CHP says they are still investigating the case and have not yet filed charges against the driver.