Helicopter Makes Hard Landing In Colusa
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
COLUSA (CBS13) — A helicopter landing was taken to the hospital for minor injuries after setting down hard in a field near an airport Thursday afternoon.
The Federal Aviation Administration said the Hughes helicopter made a controlled but damaging landing near the Colusa County Airport at about 2:40 p.m. after suffering an undetermined mechanical problem.
The pilot walked away from the crash but was transported to the hospital with back pain.
The FAA and National Transportation Safety Board will investigate the incident.