Magnitude 3.6 Earthquake Strikes San Francisco Bay Area

BERKELEY (AP) — The U.S. Geological Survey says a 3.6-magnitude earthquake has struck the San Francisco Bay area.

The earthquake struck around 5:36 a.m. Thursday a mile east of Berkeley.

A Berkeley police and fire dispatcher said she had not received any reports of damage or injuries.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.

Comments

1. Time is running out. says:

One of these days the big one is going to level San Fran and Bezerkley…………

1. Gene Rossi says:

this could be the warning. . . . .

2. luanne says:

Earthquake nine-hours ago in the Sierra Nevadas and three-hours ago an earthquake in the SF Bay Area… The endtimes are near and only the Christians are paying attention. Don’t wait too long to make your piece with God, to tell Him you believe He sent His Son to die on the cross for your sins. The time has come.

3. David Schwedler says:

I felt an earthquake in Fair Oaks, CA at 11:38 PM last night is the only reason I looked to see if there was one and where it was this morning didn’t expect it to be 6 hours later then I felt it. Weird!!!

1. Jn says:

That is weird, I felt an earthquake too and I am in El Dorado Hills. And that is why I am checking.

2. Amber says:

I live in Carmichael and felt it too around 11:35 last night

4. gary says:

there was a 3.6 in Portola @ 11:37 last evening … is this a warning folks

5. Crazy! says:

Thats because there was a 4.7 earthquake by grassvalley felt it in yuba city too

6. phil says:

there was a eath quake near truckie.reno area at 11:49-pm wednesday night
    it was a 4.8 mag. i am in placerville. it woke us up the house was shaking.
    don’t hear/read anything about this in the local newspaper???
    go to http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/special/California_Nevada.php for info

7. Jn says:

it was a 4.7 in Whitehawk, CA at 11:37pm – 2 hrs away. I really hate earthquakes!!!

8. Andy says:

get back to me when a 9.0hits. I can’t wait to see the whole bay area slide into the ocean! with all those aholes with it