Man Reportedly Takes Woman Hostage In West Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Police are responding to a hostage situation involving a potentially armed man and a female victim in a West Sacramento neighborhood.
The West Sacramento Police Department said residents on the 500 block of Maple Street reported seeing a man assaulting a woman in the front yard of his home Friday night.
When officers arrived, the suspect apparently dragged the woman back into the home and barricaded it against police. Authorities called in the SWAT team to help handle the situation and established a wide perimeter around the scene.
The relationship between the suspect and victim has not been released.