Midtown Sac Church Tagged With Vulgarities, Satanic Symbols
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Bold vandals spray-painted hateful messages on a midtown church in broad daylight Friday, according to church leaders.
Pastor Robert Briggs said he found the vulgar messages Friday on the Immanuel Baptist Church, and although he’s seen vandalism before on the property, he’s never seen something this bad in his eight years as head pastor.
“I would say it’s very troublesome that someone has taken the time to write what they’ve written,” Briggs said.
Along with messages like “Kill God” and a phrase with the f-word, the vandals also spray-painted a pentagram and upside-down cross, both of which are Satanic symbols.
The Sacramento Police Department is investigating the incident as a possible hate crime. No description of any potential suspects is available.
Briggs said he plans to have the graffiti painted over before services on Sunday.