Midtown Sac Church Tagged With Vulgarities, Satanic Symbols
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Bold vandals spray-painted hateful messages on a midtown church in broad daylight Friday, according to church leaders.
Pastor Robert Briggs said he found the vulgar messages Friday on the Immanuel Baptist Church, and although he’s seen vandalism before on the property, he’s never seen something this bad in his eight years as head pastor.
“I would say it’s very troublesome that someone has taken the time to write what they’ve written,” Briggs said.
Along with messages like “Kill God” and a phrase with the f-word, the vandals also spray-painted a pentagram and upside-down cross, both of which are Satanic symbols.
The Sacramento Police Department is investigating the incident as a possible hate crime. No description of any potential suspects is available.
Briggs said he plans to have the graffiti painted over before services on Sunday.