Midtown Sac Church Tagged With Vulgarities, Satanic Symbols
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Bold vandals spray-painted hateful messages on a midtown church in broad daylight Friday, according to church leaders.
Pastor Robert Briggs said he found the vulgar messages Friday on the Immanuel Baptist Church, and although he’s seen vandalism before on the property, he’s never seen something this bad in his eight years as head pastor.
“I would say it’s very troublesome that someone has taken the time to write what they’ve written,” Briggs said.
Along with messages like “Kill God” and a phrase with the f-word, the vandals also spray-painted a pentagram and upside-down cross, both of which are Satanic symbols.
The Sacramento Police Department is investigating the incident as a possible hate crime. No description of any potential suspects is available.
Briggs said he plans to have the graffiti painted over before services on Sunday.