State Finance Director Arrested For DUI
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The state director of finance was arrested overnight for driving under the influence.
Ana J. Matosantos, 36, was arrested at about 12:45 a.m. on P and Sixth streets in Sacramento by the California Highway Patrol after an officer noticed her swerving and that her registration was expired.
“She was weaving within her lane,” Lt. Rick Campbell said. “At one time she actually drifted out of her lane. They positioned the patrol car behind her. At that point they also observed her registration was expired.”
Matosantos released a statement saying, “My decision to drive last night was reckless and irresponsible. I accept full responsibility and there is no excuse for my actions.”
She offered her resignation to Gov. Jerry Brown, according to his press secretary, but it was not accepted.
“Governor Brown is aware of this incident,” press secretary Gil Duran wrote in an email to CBS13. “Ms. Matosantos called the governor to acknowledge that she made a serious lapse in judgment and she takes full responsibility for it. She reported to work this morning.”
Matosantos was appointed by Brown in January. She previously served as finance director from Decemberm 2009 to December 2010. Prior to that, she was the chief deputy director for budgets from April 2008 to December 2009.
Matosantos graduated from Stanford University in 1997.