Former Boys Basketball Coach Guilty Of Sex Crimes
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A former high school boys basketball coach pleaded no contest Monday to six felony counts of sexual misconduct involving boys he met through coaching.
Melvin Flemings was a coach at El Camino High School in Sacramento. Under Monday’s plea agreement with the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office, Flemings faces a sentence of four years and four months in prison. He will also have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life, District Attorney Jan Scully said.
Flemings, who was terminated by the school earlier this year, used boys to prepare photographs and video containing sexual misconduct, Scully said. The six counts pertain to six different victims, all of whom Flemings met through his coaching activities at El Camino High School and elsewhere, she said.
Sentencing has been set for Nov. 29.