Former Boys Basketball Coach Guilty Of Sex Crimes
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A former high school boys basketball coach pleaded no contest Monday to six felony counts of sexual misconduct involving boys he met through coaching.
Melvin Flemings was a coach at El Camino High School in Sacramento. Under Monday’s plea agreement with the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office, Flemings faces a sentence of four years and four months in prison. He will also have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life, District Attorney Jan Scully said.
Flemings, who was terminated by the school earlier this year, used boys to prepare photographs and video containing sexual misconduct, Scully said. The six counts pertain to six different victims, all of whom Flemings met through his coaching activities at El Camino High School and elsewhere, she said.
Sentencing has been set for Nov. 29.