Former Boys Basketball Coach Guilty Of Sex Crimes
Don't Miss This
- Tahoe Woman Attacked By Bear May Face Feeding Charges
- Almost 100 Buildings Uninhabitable After Quake
- Dating On Duty: Officers Accused Of Screening Dates Using Police System
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A former high school boys basketball coach pleaded no contest Monday to six felony counts of sexual misconduct involving boys he met through coaching.
Melvin Flemings was a coach at El Camino High School in Sacramento. Under Monday’s plea agreement with the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office, Flemings faces a sentence of four years and four months in prison. He will also have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life, District Attorney Jan Scully said.
Flemings, who was terminated by the school earlier this year, used boys to prepare photographs and video containing sexual misconduct, Scully said. The six counts pertain to six different victims, all of whom Flemings met through his coaching activities at El Camino High School and elsewhere, she said.
Sentencing has been set for Nov. 29.