Suspect In Custody After Smashing Up Sacramento Starbucks Store
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Talk about a caffeine kick.
A morning trip to get a cup of coffee turned into more than several customers bargained for at a Sacramento-area Starbucks when an angry panhandler ransacked the store, according to police.
The bizarre incident began at the Starbucks at West El Camino and Truxel after a man began asking customers for money. When he failed to get any donations, witnesses said he grew very agitated and started screaming at people.
Officials said he also allegedly shattered a glass counter that separates the customers from the baristas, and threw coffee and other items all over the cafe.
The suspect then ran out of the store, but was later arrested by police. Even while sitting in the police cruiser, the suspect continued to act strange, nodding and shaking his head at CBS13 cameras, and even licking the window.
No injuries were reported.