Suspect In Custody After Smashing Up Sacramento Starbucks Store
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Talk about a caffeine kick.
A morning trip to get a cup of coffee turned into more than several customers bargained for at a Sacramento-area Starbucks when an angry panhandler ransacked the store, according to police.
The bizarre incident began at the Starbucks at West El Camino and Truxel after a man began asking customers for money. When he failed to get any donations, witnesses said he grew very agitated and started screaming at people.
Officials said he also allegedly shattered a glass counter that separates the customers from the baristas, and threw coffee and other items all over the cafe.
The suspect then ran out of the store, but was later arrested by police. Even while sitting in the police cruiser, the suspect continued to act strange, nodding and shaking his head at CBS13 cameras, and even licking the window.
No injuries were reported.