Suspect In Custody After Smashing Up Sacramento Starbucks Store
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Talk about a caffeine kick.
A morning trip to get a cup of coffee turned into more than several customers bargained for at a Sacramento-area Starbucks when an angry panhandler ransacked the store, according to police.
The bizarre incident began at the Starbucks at West El Camino and Truxel after a man began asking customers for money. When he failed to get any donations, witnesses said he grew very agitated and started screaming at people.
Officials said he also allegedly shattered a glass counter that separates the customers from the baristas, and threw coffee and other items all over the cafe.
The suspect then ran out of the store, but was later arrested by police. Even while sitting in the police cruiser, the suspect continued to act strange, nodding and shaking his head at CBS13 cameras, and even licking the window.
No injuries were reported.