Big Rig Fire Snarls Traffic On Interstate 80 In The Sierra
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
COLFAX (CBS13) – One lane of Interstate 80 was closed in the Sierra after a big rig caught fire, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The big rig went up in flames in the Colfax area around 4 this morning, blocking the westbound lanes.
CHP says the truck’s driver noticed his brakes were on fire and pulled over to the side of the road. The flames quickly spread to the truck’s trailer.
The trailer was carrying boxes and jugs of sodium bicarbonate, which is commonly known as baking soda.
The burned-out trailer has to be loaded on a flat bed tow truck to be moved.
It could be at least two hours before it’s all cleaned up.