Big Rig Fire Snarls Traffic On Interstate 80 In The Sierra
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
COLFAX (CBS13) – One lane of Interstate 80 was closed in the Sierra after a big rig caught fire, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The big rig went up in flames in the Colfax area around 4 this morning, blocking the westbound lanes.
CHP says the truck’s driver noticed his brakes were on fire and pulled over to the side of the road. The flames quickly spread to the truck’s trailer.
The trailer was carrying boxes and jugs of sodium bicarbonate, which is commonly known as baking soda.
The burned-out trailer has to be loaded on a flat bed tow truck to be moved.
It could be at least two hours before it’s all cleaned up.