Big Rig Fire Snarls Traffic On Interstate 80 In The Sierra
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
COLFAX (CBS13) – One lane of Interstate 80 was closed in the Sierra after a big rig caught fire, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The big rig went up in flames in the Colfax area around 4 this morning, blocking the westbound lanes.
CHP says the truck’s driver noticed his brakes were on fire and pulled over to the side of the road. The flames quickly spread to the truck’s trailer.
The trailer was carrying boxes and jugs of sodium bicarbonate, which is commonly known as baking soda.
The burned-out trailer has to be loaded on a flat bed tow truck to be moved.
It could be at least two hours before it’s all cleaned up.